Once again it’s that time of year when details and information begins to come out about this year’s new release of AutoCAD 2019 and the AutoDesk suite of software, this time around it’s 2019 and there are quite a few changes and updates to our daily workhorse of a software. In today’s post, I’ll highlight some of the major upgrades and changes that I recently had the pleasure of learning about on a webinar with AutoDesk.
There are three major topics that were covered in our call and they look to be the focus of this year’s improvements, I’ll go into some of the details below with each of the three main points:
- One AutoCAD – 2019 brings major changes and an overhaul to the way that we will be installing and working with Autocad. With the new “One AutoCAD” theme, AutoDesk is combining many of the tools available from other vertical products into a single integrated package “One AutoCAD”. This allows users to setup and install their software quicker and more easily than before. Included in the subscription One AutoCAD users will have access to download from a library of specialized toolsets that will complement the work they do and the industries they work in.
From AutoCAD, these toolsets and more are now included with One AutoCAD:
When you subscribe to AutoCAD 2019, you will gain access to the following toolsets:
– Architecture Toolset: Use specialized building design features and 8,000+ intelligent architecturalobjects and styles to speed architectural drawing and documentation.
– Mechanical Toolset: Use specialized mechanical design features and 700,000+ intelligentmanufacturing parts, features and symbols to speed product design.
– Electrical Toolset: Use specialized electrical design features and 65,000+ intelligent electricalsymbols to boost productivity for creating, modifying, and documenting electrical controlssystems.
– MEP Toolset: Use specialized MEP engineering features and 10,500+ intelligent mechanical,electrical, and plumbing objects to draft, design, and document building systems.
– Plant 3D Toolset: Use the specialized plant design and engineering toolset to efficiently produceP&IDs and then integrate them into a 3D plant design model.
– Map 3D Toolset: Use specialized mapping features to incorporate GIS and CAD data to supportplanning, design, and data management. Access spatial data stored in files, databases and webservices, and aggregate it with your AutoCAD design data.
– Raster Design Toolset: Use raster to vector tools to help you edit scanned drawings and convertraster images into DWG objects.
- Mobile and Web – 2019 is also bringing with it a newly reworked and rebuilt Mobile and Web AutoCAD experience. AutoCAD Web, in particular, has been built using the same engine and basis as the full AutoCAD desktop version, bringing a desktop feel and experience to the web app for the first time. You will now be able to simply open a browser, log in and launch full dwg files with the ability to create, edit and make changes on the go and on the fly for clients and in meetings as needed. Your files will be saved and can be accessed using your A360 account and will even allow xrefing with other files and dynamic linking and changes between them from the browser interface.
- AutoCAD 2019 Updates and New Features – To go with the new and improved Web and Mobile updates, AutoCAD 2019 includes the ability to work seamlessly across the desktop, web, and mobile with the added capability to “Save To Web & Mobile” and “Open From Web & Mobile” from desktop AutoCAD making it easier than ever to take our files on the go whether it’s to site or a client meeting.
.-Drawing Compare: This new feature, which is one that I’m most looking forward to trying out and will be making a video for as soon as I can, allows you to compare two drawings (different revisions/version of a file) and will highlight the changes and differences between them. This can be a huge time saver if you ever have to deal with multiple revisions of base data, getting updated drawings sent to you but you’re not sure if they have been changed or are outdated, etc.. With the new drawing compare feature you are able to highlight differences/changes with revision clouds as well as cycle through changes one by one to ensure you haven’t missed anything.Here are the details from AutoCAD: The new DWG Compare feature in AutoCAD 2019 and AutoCAD LT 2019 helps you easily identify graphical differences between two revisions of a drawing or Xref. Quickly view changes, see clashes, review constructability, and more. And there is no need to worry about missing something, turning revision clouds on will further highlight the changes, and you can systematically cycle through each one to make sure every detail is accounted for.–Shared Views: Another new feature that I’m excited about is the new collaboration tool, Shared Design Views. This tool with allow us to skip pdfs when it comes to sharing a drawing for review/comments, Shared Views allows you to send a link that will open view of the drawing instantly in the browser allowing the receiver to make notes, comment and sign off on the drawing quickly, easily and digitally. These notes and their sign off once finished will then automatically be shared with you right in the drawing on your desktop version of AutoCAD.–Performance Enhancements & 4K Updates: Overall performance with 2D graphics has been considerably updated as well with enhancements to many tasks and operations like draw order, layers, zoom/pan, working with large files and images. Also, along the lines of performance updates, AutoCAD’s Icons have finally been refreshed and updated to support high-resolution displays (4K) that are now becoming the norm and commonplace in the industry. New for 2019, the Ribbon Tabs/Icons, Status bar, and over 5000 other Icons throughout AutoCAD have been upgraded to be 4K Compliant! I’m personally really excited to try these out on some of the new 4k Ultrawide monitors that are out there. Keep an eye out for my Coffee Break Series of videos since I have one of these monitors coming up soon!
That’s all for today’s post and this year’s recap of AutoCAD 2019 and the updates to it and the AutoCAD web/Mobile ecosystem. Make sure you head on over to Autodesk for more information on all of the updates, features and improvements to this years release!
For More Info and the Official AutoCAD Blog Post Click Here
and here for the AutoCAD 2019 post on the In the Fold Blog
As always thank you all so much for reading and let me know if the comments below what features/addition you’re most looking forward to?
Oh and if you haven’t already, make sure to check out the Giveaway for a 3 month licence of Plex.Earth on my last post! Read it Here
PS. Thank you again for visiting and don’t forget to subscribe to the newsletter to keep up to date on new CAD news, tutorials and tricks: Subscribe here
Also published on Medium.
Latest posts by Brandon (see all)
- AutoCAD Create a Block with Scale & Rotate Parameters – Dynamic Block Tips | 2 Minute Tuesday - January, 1970
- Autocad How to Fix a Missing Plot Style (.ctb or .stb) – Quick & Easy Method! | 2 Minute Tuesday - January, 1970
- AutoCAD Custom Dimension Style Setup Imperial & Metric! – Dimension Style Tricks | 2 Minute Tuesday - January, 1970