If you’ve ever needed to combine your individual line work in autocad then chances are you used or at least needed to use the ‘pedit’ command.
- The process is fairly simple.
- Type in ‘pedit’
- Hit enter
- Use ‘m’ enter to select multiple line segments
- Select all the lines you would like to join
- and hit enter to (y) to convert your lines to polylines if necessary
- This brings us to the pedit prompt where you can select options like close, join, width and a few others.
- To join our lines we’re going to type in ‘J’ then enter to activate the join command.
- Now we can choose a fuzz distance (this refers to the gap between any line ends that may not be touching exactly)
- Hit enter to join your lines!
- Another enter or space will end the command. We’ve now joined our separate line segments into a single polyline or polygon.
To view the whole process along with multiple examples and an easy to follow walk through just watch the video below:)
I really hope I was able to help you out and fully explain the joining process for you in the video, but if you have any questions left at all, please don’t hesitate to ask me in the comments below .
Thanks for visiting and don’t forget to subscribe to the newsletter for your free CAD Title Blocks The form is just below as well as in the sidebar.
The following two tabs change content below.
Brandon is a Civil Designer, Aspiring Blogger/Creator, Husband, Father to two Amazing Kids and Tech Aficionado from a small town in Canada. He has been obsessed with design and technology since he can remember and working as a Civil Designer for nearly as long. Brandon’s blog and Youtube channel, CADIntentions.com has been his outlet and excuse for keeping up with new tech and trends in the CAD design world for the last five years growing to tens of thousands of subscribers and over 5 million views, while also being the source of many great friendships and unique opportunities. If you would like to Sponsor CAD Intentions or Work together in some way, Please visit my About Page and send me an email: http://cadintentions.com/about-me/
Latest posts by Brandon (see all)
- Is VR the Future of Remote Work? - January, 1970
- AutoCAD Text Arrows/Leaders Tips, Tricks & Styles! Multi Leader Tutorial - January, 1970
- 3 AutoCAD Tricks to Search Layers, Styles, Blocks & More in Drawings! | 2 Minute Tuesday - January, 1970